NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition
This is to announce the commencement of the 2019 Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) Annual National Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition (NCDMB) for undergraduates. Candidates who meet the requirement below are advice to apply for the Essay Competition.
The NCDMB Annual National Undergraduate Oil & Gas Essay Competition is sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
NIGERIA’S LOCAL CONTENT POLICY AND ITS IMPACT ON SUSTAINABLE ECONOMIC VALUE CREATION
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.com on or before 30th September, 2019. Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 words.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address must not accompany the manuscript.
- Entrants’ names must not appear on the manuscript but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted to appear before a panel for interactive assessment to defend their submitted essays.
Recommended: 2019 Internship Updates for 400 Levels
Prizes will be awarded as follows: N500,000 for 1st place, N350,000 for 2nd place, N250,000 for 3rd 4th and 5th places shall each receive N50,000. All top 5 winners shall receive laptops and other items.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by 21st October, 2019.
- The Prize giving ceremony comes up 30th October, 2019
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest