The Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) was ranked No 1 on the list of the world’s best hotel and hotel schools for 2020, according to a new study by the CEOWORLD magazine, William F. Harrah College of Hospitality (formerly known as William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration), second on the list, followed by the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University at number 3.
In the 2020 rankings, “Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida” ranks fourth for “School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University” ranks fifth; while “Oxford School of Hospitality Management” finished in sixth place; and “Johnson & Wales University (JWU Providence)” seventh.
Generally, the eighth, ninth and tenth positions of the “International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University”, “Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management at the University of Denver” and at the Washington State University School of Hospitality Business Management.
Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World For 2020
Rank Hotel School City/Campus Country
1 Ecole hoteliere de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
2 William F. Harrah College of Hospitality, Las Vegas, United States
3 School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University, New York, United States
4 Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida Orlando, FL United States
5 School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University East Lansing, Michigan United States
6 Oxford School of Hospitality Management Oxford United Kingdom
7 Johnson & Wales University JWU Providence Providence, RI United States
8 International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University New Jersey United States
9 Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management at the University of Denver Denver, CO United States
10 School of Hospitality Business Management at Washington State University Pullman, Washington United States
11 Hospitality Management at Penn State University Park, Pennsylvania United States
12 Collins College of Hospitality Management, Cal Poly Pomona Pomona, California United States
13 Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management Houston, TX United States
14 School of Hotel and Restaurant Management at Northern Arizona University Flagstaff, Arizona United States 90.35 A
15 School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University Philadelphia, PA United States
16 Les Roches International School of Hotel Management Crans-Montana Switzerland
17 School of Hospitality Leadership at the University of Wisconsin Menomonie, WI United States
18 Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition Chennai India
19 Howard Feiertag Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management Blacksburg, Virginia United StatesBBB
20 Kendall College Chicago, IL United States
The general methodology for the best hospitality and hotel management schools of the WORLD magazine in the world for the 2020 ranking.
The rankings are based on seven important measures of quality and reputation. Overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1. Perceived influence of global brands (20%)
2. Responses from recruiters (20%)
3. Employer feedback (10%)
4. Number of vacancies (10%)
5. Admissibility (10%)
6. Specialization (10%)
7. Academic reputation (20%)
To determine our list, we collected information and statistics from publicly available sources, research and surveys. The ranking measures the quality of education, graduate job placement, recruiters’ response, employer feedback, without relying on data submissions from institutions.
Graduates, industry professionals, employers, and recruiters were asked to rate universities on a scale from 1 “marginal” to 100 “excellent” or “don’t know”.
However, this is by no means an exhaustive list, while the above institutions are the WORLD magazine’s ‘best hospitality and hotel management schools in the world for 2020’, there may be many other hotel management schools offering excellent programs.
* This ranking should not be considered the most important aspect when choosing a hotel management school and is just one element to consider.
* The highest rated hotel management school receives 100 points.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, using multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 110,000 individuals across 7 data points.
* WORLD magazine conducted its research from early October 2019 to mid-February 2020.
* Magazine invited 110,000 individuals from 46 countries to participate in this year’s study.
* Surveys completed by 50,000 graduates; 25,000 recruiters; and 35,000 employers (with 500 or more employees) around the world.
* We analyzed more than 118 hotel management schools during the data collection process.
* The overall score is numerical scores given to the hotel management schools based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback – measuring the quality of the hotel management school. The total scores are at 100.
* The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 110,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. In addition to sampling errors, it should be borne in mind that, as with all survey studies, there are potential sources of errors – such as coverage, nonresponse, and measurement errors – that can affect results.